Want to get involved?
Want to learn more about impact of our work?
Learn about our services and projects
Thank you to everyone who has donated to our Covid 19 Appeal. Your donations are vital as we support our clients through this time.
We are all facing unprecedented challenges and increased uncertainty, posed by the current COVID 19 crisis but for our clients the impact is likely to be more significant and longer term than for most.
Thanks to your kind support, over 200 vulnerable people in Southwark, Lewisham and Lambeth are receiving supplies of fresh, healthy food whilst they self isolate and stay safely at home. With more help we can extend this service to more of our clients.
At St Giles, we want to limit this situation impacting the lives of those we support, and we are determined to ensure that our clients are well supported throughout this crisis and for as long as it lasts. To do that we need your help. We are appealing to all of our supporters to donate what they can to our Covid 19 crisis fund. This funding will be used to support our clients with any additional needs that arise out of the situation. This is likely to include:
• A dedicated support line which can be staffed remotely
• Access to fresh food and support through a food pantry based in Camberwell
• Food deliveries to those clients who are self isolating
• Access to educational resources, activities, pens, pencils etc for children who are not able to go to school
• Phones and laptops for those who are socially isolated and do not have access to technology
• Support to access benefits, advice on rent freezes and other welfare support
• Providing contact and support during social isolation (via video call/phone)
• Extra support with employment- it is anticipated that the need for this will dramatically increase as the situation continues
• Housing advice
• Any other additional support/resource that is required as the situation unfolds.
You can read more about how your generous support has already made a huge difference here.
This is an uncertain time for everyone. For our clients, this uncertainty could be devastating. We are asking anyone who is able, to donate to us so that we can set up a dedicated crisis fund to provide the bespoke support that is needed for the most vulnerable as the situation unfolds.
If you are able to give, your support will make an enormous difference. You can donate securely online here
If you are unable to give at this time, you can still make a difference by sharing this appeal on any social networks
Please note all donations made through our website will be restricted to our crisis fund unless you contact us to specify otherwise.